Collection Development and Technical Services
Collection Services is responsible for the following:
Collection Assessment & Analysis:
- Providing discipline and subject-specific reports on the library’s collection
- Providing analysis of the overall strengths and weaknesses of the collection
- Analyzing holdings to identify material for de-selection
- Analysis of serial and periodical subscriptions by format to identify the need for strategic cancellations, renewals and additions
- Analyzing and describing current levels of collection activity
- Supporting programmatic and regional accreditation
- Coordinating library liaison selection activities
- Providing standard bibliographies, recommendations and guidance to faculty and library liaisons
- Selecting materials in all formats to enhance and develop collections
- Developing collections to support new programs, new courses and new faculty
- Receiving and evaluating gifts and working with donors to acquire materials
- Creating and maintaining collection development policies
Coordination of Library Liasons (Subject Specialists)
Library faculty collaborate with teaching and research faculty to select and deselect library materials, developing library collections in areas of their expertise. For a list of subject area experts and their areas of responsiblities and contact information:
- What are the Library Hours?
- Collection Development & Technical Services: Where can I find the Library Liaisons by Discipline?
- Where can I find an overview of the Library Collection?
- Collection Development and Technical Services: Where can I find out about Collection Analysis and Assessment?
- Collection Development & Technical Services: Where can I find out general information about Collection Development?
- Collection Development & Technical Services: Where can I find out about the policy for Collection Development?
- Collection Development & Technical Services: Where can I find the Library Liaisons by Subject Specialist?
- How do I get to Electronic Resources?
- Collection Development & Technical Services: Where can I find the Library Liaisons by LOC Classification?
Patricia PettijohnHead of Collection and Technical ServicesPhone: (727) 873-4407Fax: (727) 873-4794