The Library is your partner in teaching, learning, and research. We foster inclusion, creativity, and collaboration at USFSP and in the community and connect you to a variety of information sources, innovative opportunities, and diverse perspectives.
Inspiring lifelong learning, intellectual curiosity, and innovative transformation.
The strategic goals are under review at this time, and will be available soon.
The Nelson Poynter Memorial Library values:
- The discovery, exchange, and development of ideas in a safe, inclusive, and welcoming learning environment.
- The rights of all individuals to mutual respect and the Association of College and Research Libraries’ “Diversity Standards: Cultural Competency for Academic Libraries (2012)”
- Professional self-reflection leading to an open-minded consideration of the latest and most innovative resources and technologies that are appropriate to enrich the research, preservation, and learning needs of our campus community.
- The principles of intellectual freedom and the American Library Association’s core documents, including the “Library Bill of Rights,” the “Freedom to Read Statement,” and the “Freedom to View Statement.”
- Open access to information and the work of the Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition (SPARC) and other international agencies to promote it.
- Collaboration and creative partnerships for mutual benefit with the USF System, the Tampa Bay Library Consortium, community groups, and state and national cooperative agencies.
- The professional research, scholarship, and service contributions of the Poynter Library faculty and staff to the field of librarianship, the institution, and the academic community.
- A commitment to enhancing the intellectual and cultural life of St. Petersburg and the Tampa Bay region.
Mission, Vision, Goals, and Values updated June 2017