Technology and Systems Analyst
Reports to: Head of Systems & Digital Technology
This is a professional information technology position supporting the specialized needs of distance and on-campus users accessing library and online learning resources through the Nelson Poynter Memorial Library of USFSP. The position of Technology and Systems Analyst is responsible for support of library-specific and online learner computing systems and to support desktop computing in public, staff, student and faculty computing environs. The position provides management of hardware and software throughout the life cycle of their use, from analyzing requirements, compatibility and installation to disposal and recycling. Supports and participates in training activities and provides individual or group instruction on computing technologies for general and library-specific support systems, including written instruction through the use of an automated helpdesk. The position also provides support services for server and network-based computing in tandem with the Systems Administrator, keeping records of procedures and operational details of the Poynter Library Systems unit. Works with other members of the Systems unit to establish and maintain computing standards and best practices to streamline and effectively reduce downtime, repair time, and offset support costs. Evaluates new technology, services and tools of computing groups at USFSP, USF and beyond to complement the Systems unit offerings and enhance the learning experience for students, staff and faculty of USFSP. Works with Systems and Instructional Media Services units to create and maintain a growth plan for Online Learning.
- Researches new technology and provides the primary tier of support for library and Online Learning specific hardware and software, including devising and testing methods for creating disk imaging processes- development of tools for software and infrastructure updates, and implementation of those tools across the enterprise.
- Evaluates ongoing requirements for print services for student-based areas within the library, investigates new approaches and technologies, and provides the primary tier of support for computer-based, microform and desktop printing to desktop and networked multifunction printers.
- Assists user groups as initial contact for issues in the USFSP Library’s Information Commons computing area, and creates support and instructional documentation for computing user groups. Consults with and provides functional guidance and direction to OPS student computing assistants in providing assistance in this area.
- Works in tandem with the Systems Administrator to provide support for the wireless network, in setting up network devices and maintaining the security standards for the University in regard to access to networks.
- Conducts periodic maintenance, backup and upgrade assistance and support services for library-based client-server software such as OCLC, ALEPH, ILLiad, Ariel, Odyssey and others.
- Provides primary review of helpdesk requests for computing work involving library-based online learning, and coordinates with other Systems staff to provide ticket management in order to manage, track, and resolve issues.
- Provides primary support for desktop and server-based file storage, allocating SAN/NAS storage for Online Learning groups within the USFSP Library.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field, with two years of experience in related positions- or a Master’s degree in directly related fields. Appropriate college coursework, technical training, or industry certifications may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience. Industry certification with directly related experience may be substituted for the degree requirements on a year-for-year basis.
Ability to communicate various computing concepts effectively to a wide variety of audiences. Ability to prioritize, work independently, and adhere to project deadlines. A strong sense of responsibility, attentiveness to detail, and proven commitment to quality. Knowledge of the University setting and University technology standards and guidelines. Experience in procuring hardware and software for departmental use. Support experience in library-specific systems and applications are also preferred.
To apply, visit the University’s employment web site at http://www.usf.edu/about-usf/
USFSP is an EO/Equal Access Institution. Welcoming…Diverse…Inclusive
For more information on the University, visit: http://www.usfsp.edu/
Berrie WatsonHead of Systems & Digital TechnologyPhone: 727 873-4402