Instructional Media Services
Office Location and General Hours:
Nelson Poynter Library, second floor, POY 221
Monday—Thursday, 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Closed Saturday and Sunday
Fax: (727) 873-4127
The primary responsibility of the Instructional Media Department is to provide services that support the teaching and research efforts of the University of South Florida St. Petersburg. This includes the development and support of “state of the art” media resources, systems, networks, and equipment.
Instructional Media Services is dedicated to providing media support to the USF St. Petersburg community. IMS is a service-oriented department with responsibilities in the following categories:
- Scheduled credit classroom activities (E&G supported) and/or administrative services directly related to instruction.
- Scheduled classroom activities, grant or other non-E&G supported.
- Administrative services not directly related to instruction.
To help support this mission, our professional staff provides Audio/Visual technologies in all on-site classrooms. Each classroom is equipped, at minimum, with an overhead data projector, computer, sound system and DVD/VCR. Instructors may arrange for other standard Audio/Visual equipment as needed through a written or ONLINE request.
In case of classroom equipment malfunction, use the phone located in your classroom to contact IMS at 3-4409 as soon as possible. For computer related issues, contact Campus Computing at 3-4357
Instructional Media Services offers video conferencing facilities in the Nelson Poynter Library. Take advantage of our convenient service for meetings, or conferences. This two-way communication connects via the Internet (IP). Call David Brodosi at 873-4126 for additional information.
- Instructional Media: Where is the online form for audio visual equipment requests?
- Online Learning: What Instructional Media Services are available?
- Where do I get my student ID?
- Instructional Media: Where do I go if I need audio visual equipment?
- Instructional Media: What is the USF Policy/Guideline for ID Cards?
- Instructional Media: Where can I find out about classroom technology?
- Instructional Media: What are the business hours for the Instructional Media Department?
- Instructional Media: What are the Policies and Procedures for Instructional Media?
- Instructional Media: What is the Charge/No Charge Policy?
- Instructional Media: Where can I find out about USF NetCast Streaming Video?
- Instructional Media Services Guidelines
- USF System Policy for SSN Use Regarding USF ID [PDF]
- General Information: USF System Policy Regarding USF ID Cards
- New Hire Appointment Process for Faculty, Staff, FWSP, and Temporary
- Distance Learning Studio Guidelines
- Charge/No Charge Guidelines for Instructional Media Services
- Instructional Media: USF System Policy Regarding USF ID Cards
- Classroom Equipment Services Guideline
- Guideline for the Issuance of Faculty/Staff USF ID cards[PDF]
David BrodosiCoordinator, Online Learning Support Services and Instructional Media ServicesPhone: (727) 873-4094Fax: (727) 873-4127