Circulation Services Guide for Community Patrons & Visitors
- State employees – must provide current/valid identification card
City or county employees – must provide letter from head of department
accepting responsibility for any lost items or unpaid fines
- Non-profit corporations – must provide letter from head of organization accepting
responsibility for any lost items or unpaid fines
- For profit corporations – $250 per year for organization, $25.00 per additional card for each employee who needs to use the library
- Private citizens – may join the Society for the Advancement of Poynter Library
($50.00 per year)
- Alumni – free with current USF Alumni Association membership (visit http://usfalumni.org/join_renew for details)
OVERDUE FINES – The fine is twenty-five cents per day, to a maximum of $10.00 per overdue item. As soon as fines are accrued borrowing privileges are blocked until all fines are paid. If the patron does not return the item, it progresses to a lost status.
LOST MATERIALS – If a patron loses an item, it should be reported to the Circulation Desk
as soon as possible. Patrons are liable for lost book replacement charges but the overdue fine will stop accumulating once the book is declared lost. The patron is then billed a replacement cost for the book as well as any accrued fine. Unpaid bills are turned over to the Accounts Receivable Department and must then be paid at the Cashier’s Office.
RETURNING LIBRARY MATERIALS – Books should be returned in the BOOK DROP at the Circulation Desk. Also, there is a convenient Book Depository outside the front door of the library, available 24 hours a day. Books MUST be returned to Poynter Library or other USF campus library. They may not be returned to any other local library.
Library visitors are advised to comply with all USFSP parking regulations. A self-service dispenser for parking passes ($4.00/day) is available at the campus Welcome Center at the corner of 5th Ave. S. and 2nd St.
Contact the Circulation Desk or call (727) 873- 4405 for any further information or clarification.
There are no FAQs to display.
There are no Guidelines to display.