Manager, Student Technology Center, USFSP Library
- Conduct training or coordinate with others to provide training on student software use and connect training, tutors, and help resources for computing to students
- Coordinate an overall software applications training curriculum for end users of all levels
- Maintain a hardware and software inventory for training and helpdesk support needs
- Select or develop training aids, including training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, and computer tutorials, while reviewing and keeping them up to date
- Evaluate effectiveness of training and development programs and utilize relevant evaluation data to revise or recommend changes in instructional objectives and methods
- Associate of Arts – University of Maryland University College
- Improving life through technology
- Open Access Initiative
- Information Assurance and security
Andrew Watters is an Information Systems professional with a varied work experience. He served 4 years in the U.S. Navy, including time at sea aboard the USS Mount Whitney, where he earned a Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal for his work on maintaining the ships’ Tomahawk Strike Network. He then earned and Joint Services Achievement Medal while stationed at Walter Reed Memorial Medical Center in Maryland for his support efforts in keeping the hospital IT infrastructure at a 99% uptime.
Andrew also is a technology enthusiast whose interests brought him to work at the Genius Bar for Apple for two years supporting Mac and iOS devices, as well as training users on their technology.
He has also worked at Portland Community College as a member of the helpdesk team where he supported students, staff, and faculty on all of their technology needs. Andrew’s passion for improving life through technology extends through all aspects of his life and he is very excited to be of service to the students and community at large here at USFSP!