University Librarian and Special Collections Librarian
Jim Schnur (1965 – ), university librarian, special collections and archives. A native and lifelong resident of Pinellas County, Schnur joined the faculty of the Nelson Poynter Memorial Library in February 2002 and presently holds adjunct teaching appointments at Eckerd College and the USF School of Information. Schnur first attended classes at USF St. Petersburg in fall 1986 and worked as a graduate student assistant in the Poynter Library between 1991 and 1997 before becoming an assistant library director at two Pinellas County public libraries and serving as a center administrator and advisor in Eckerd College’s Program for Experienced Learners. He has also served as president of the Pinellas County Historical Society, as well as on the boards and committees of other cultural and historical organizations in Florida.
- Master of Arts, Library Science, University of South Florida (1996)
- Master of Arts, History, University of South Florida (1995)
- Bachelor of Arts, History, University of South Florida (1988)
- Associate of Arts, Computer Science, St. Petersburg Junior College (1986)
- Associate of Arts, History, University of Tampa (1985)
- Diploma, Boca Ciega High School (1983)